How does a AAA Approved Auto Repair
facility protect me?
The Approved Auto Repair program is AAA's way of helping millions of drivers find reliable repair service. Each year, AAA inspects thousands of repair facilities. We have demanding standards for technical competence and customer service. Only one-third of all facilities that apply for AAA certification are approved.
What does the AAA Approved Auto Repair sign mean to a member?
- AAA members upon request, receive free maintenance inspections when they bring their vehicles in for repairs or maintenance.
- AAA members upon request, are guaranteed a written estimate, and assured that the cost may not exceed the written estimate by more than 10% unless the increase is authorized in advance.
- Technicians certified by ASE are on staff for every area of service offered by the facility.
- The facility maintains all equipment needed to provide full service. This includes repairs to engines, brakes and electrical systems. They may also provide services related to tires, steering, suspension, heating/air conditioning, manual and automatic transmissions, and diesel/gasoline engines.
- At your request, replaced parts will be returned to you, with the exception of those parts that must be returned to the manufacturer under a warranty or exchange program.
- The facility has been in business at least one year and has maintained a customer satisfaction rating of at least 90%. We check with past customers to find out if they were fully satisfied with the courtesy and efficiency of service. We also perform background checks on financial, community reputation and insurance requirements.
- The facility provides a clean, safe and comfortable area for customers.
- The facility has a formal training system in place that keeps all employees up-to-date on automotive advances.
- Service reception personnel must demonstrate competence in talking with customers about service and repairs.
- The facility agrees to mediation and/or arbitration by AAA in the event of a dispute with a member. AAA's resolution decision is binding upon the business, but is not binding upon the member.
- Repairs, including parts and labor, are under warranty for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first.
- Approval is renewed annually if the facility again passes inspection. Facilities also agree to undergo ongoing visits every 60 to 90 days throughout the year. For information on the Approved Auto Repair facility closest to you, call 800-AAA-ROAD extension 6821 or go to the AAA Approved Auto Repair Area of this site
To next section: Conclusion»